cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
John1264
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

HP Envy 15-AS166nr Stylus Compatability

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I own an HP Envy Notebook 15 AS166-NR and I am trying to figure out which HP stylus my device supports for its touchscreen.

Will this one from Amazon work or is there a different HP Pen out there that works?

https://www.amazon.com/Envy-Laptop-15-ep0098nr-FineTouch-Capacitive/dp/B08FK5TQWK

I require an active NOT a passive pen as I am using it for an app on my computer.

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5
GOLD_MASTER
Level 9
Level 9
1,876 1,488 166 1,171
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @John1264 .

What is the model of your equipment?

HP ENVY - 15-as166nr

HP ENVY x360

15-aq166nr

I am proudly Mexican, a Computer Systems Engineer and a community volunteer.
If you found the answer helpful and/or you want to say “thanks”? Click the “ Yes ” box below Did I help solve the problem? don´t forget to click “ Accept as a solution” , someone who has the same query may find this solution and be helped by it.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
John1264
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

As said in the previous comment HP ENVY Notebook 15-as166nr.

GOLD_MASTER
Level 9
Level 9
1,876 1,488 166 1,171
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@John1264 .

Good.
On your computer you can use a passive stylus (capacitive stylus) or the finger of your hand, however it is not compatible with battery operated or bluetooth pens.

If you found the answer helpful and/or you want to say “thanks”? Click the “ Yes ” box below Did I help solve the problem? don´t forget to click “ Accept as a solution” , someone who has the same query may find this solution and be helped by it.

John1264
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No that's not good, I need an active pen to use the app I need. I don't understand why HP would make a touchscreen device without any compatible pens as it reduces so much of it's functionality.

GOLD_MASTER
Level 9
Level 9
1,876 1,488 166 1,171
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@John1264 .

I am sorry for this.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation