Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 2 (166 Views)

HP Envy 17 Left Hinge Screw

Product Name: HP Envy 17

Wow , I have had the same problem , left hinge screw and besel came off and then got stuck between the screen and keyboard . Went to close the lap top and the screw was stuck in the hinge and next thing you know I have a cracked screen. Bought this laptop in December still under warranty , but HP says that this is not a know issue so they will not cover physical damage. Then I find this message board and wow , here we are all with a left hinge screw issue. Only problem this caused a broken screen. My case has been escalated still waiting for a call or email .  Any one have any advise? Geek Squad wants over 1000.00 to fix screen , that is more than I paid for the laptop new. Really disapointed in HP service , have a second HP Envy 17 in shop under warranty repair for a fan malfunction , they are fixing that one. This really may be my last HP. I own about 14 machines between my office and home. May be time to look for something else. 

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 2 (156 Views)

Re: HP Envy 17 Left Hinge Screw

@Golfgil

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I Work for HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation