Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy 17 bw0004na

My laptop has been making a horrible scraping noise when I've been opening it for the last few days, and I thought it was catching on the back of my desk (I have one where the back opens up to store the cables), but my partner last night noticed that the screen is coming off!!

I've found on this site that there have been several people with the same issue where it's popping out at the bottom left of the screen near the hinge.  My laptop is under 2 years old and has only ever been used on my desk or the kitchen table, never goes out of the house and I've always taken good care of it as it was not cheap!

Has anyone got this resolved through HP as obviously I am out of my warranty, but it's not fit for use if it lasts less than 2 years!!

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Jules40

I reviewed your post and I understand that the screen is popping out.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you contact support and they will assist you with the available service options for your computer.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HP Support came back to me yesterday finally on WhatsApp.  After I explained the problem and sent photo's, he had me running a hard drive test, a memory test and a system board test.  Not sure what this had to do with my screen coming off!

I did go back to clarify and he said that it needs to be sent to the service centre and would be chargeable.  I explained that the laptop had been well looked after, it is not "fit for purpose" for falling apart after 23 months and £1500, and from a search on here it seems to be a common issue but he wouldn't help.

I asked for the email of the complaints department for which he replied "Sorry, we do not have complaints email information", so I asked how to make a complaint and he was very reluctant to give me anything!  After a few more comments he did give me an email address so going to email today.

Not happy with my customer service from such a reputable company at all 😡

HP Recommended

@Jules40

We shall escalate this issue to the concerned team.

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I finally had a call from the HP support team this morning, who was pleasant but adamant that couldn't do anything to help apart from a chargeable repair as I am out of warranty.  I reiterated what I thought about the unit not being "fit for purpose", and that there are lots of similar cases on here for the same laptop so there is obviously a fault with it, but they wouldn't do anything.  I asked for it to be escalated to complaints which she did do.

I got a call back later the same day from a gentlemen from customer care in France, who told me the same thing.  I asked for it to be escalated higher, but apparently he was as high as I could go although he admitted he had no technical knowledge (?!!!).  Surely an employee for HP dealing with customer complaints should also have technical knowledge?  He did however admit that they do not tend to manufacture 17" laptops anymore, so the issue with the screens falling off may be an indication why.

Altogether I am seriously not happy.  It's taken 2 weeks for me to get nowhere, and my screen is now barely hanging on on the left side so I need to get something done asap before it gets even more damaged.

Seems I wasted the extra money I thought I'd invested for a decent laptop.  And to think I wasted my inheritance money from my Grandparents on this 😢

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.