Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Envy 17" Touchsmart right hinge breakig off

Envy 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hello!
I bought my computer about 11 months ago for college and the past month it has been having some weird cracking noises when opening/closing the lid. A friend of mine told me to watch out since he had the same computer and it had broken off. I noticed today that theroght hinge is actually starting to come out and the base of the computer is also getting loose. This is very strange since I barely move my computer from the desk since it is so big, plus I have a smaller one that I use to take to classes so I don't mess with this one for stuff that is unnecessary. I wanted to know how this can be repaired.

Thank you!
1 REPLY
Retired Omar-E
Retired
10015 118 416
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post

HP Envy 17" Touchsmart right hinge breakig off

@Cloydoek

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I Work for HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation