Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy notebook -17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My grandson has a HP Envy-17 computer that run windows 10. He wants to turn off the touchscreen on the keyboard when a mouse is connected. I went into the setting -device -touchscreen -additional it doesn’t have the Elan tab like the rest of my HP computers. There is only a HID mouse which is the USB attached MS mouse. Under device manager it says that it is a Toshiba touch pad but their app doesn’t allow any option to disable. I also tried Function key 6, etc to toggle off but no help.

How do I turn it off

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@tk1948

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to disable the touchpad when a mouse is connected.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Follow the below steps to disable the touchpad.

Open up Windows Settings by clicking the “Start” button, then clicking on the cog wheel. You can also hit Windows+I. Next, click the “Devices” option. On the Devices page, switch to the “Touchpad” category on the left and then disable the “Leave Touchpad on When Mouse is Connected” option.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.