Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 17.3 inch Laptop PC 17-ch1000 IDS Base Model
Microsoft Windows 11

The webcam was working on my Envy Laptop, now is is getting the 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> error message. Help? HP Support you cannot get through to so I am resorting to the community for help. Thanks in advance. The camera toggle switch , next to the power button isn't working. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @mkahler

Welcome to the HP Support Community. Thanks for bringing this to our notice.

I see that you are facing camera-related issues on your system. Do not worry, we are here to fix it.

May I know from when are you facing this issue?

Did you make any hardware or software-related changes to it?

1. Look for the Kill Switch

Newer HP laptops have a Kill Switch feature designed to physically disconnect your webcam.  This is helpful for preventing bad people from activating your webcam remotely but can be overlooked when trying to use the webcam for video conferencing.  If your model has a kill switch, make sure it’s switched on.

kill switch.png

2. Try a hard reset

When Windows doesn’t see devices like cameras, sometimes it just needs to be forced to look again.  Try a power reset. 

Once detected, you should see the camera in the Device Manager.  Right-click the Start button and select Device Manager.  Expand the Cameras section to see your camera. 

TIP:  You can disable the web cam here in the Device Manager by right-clicking on the camera and select Disable Device.  Don’t forget to enable it later if needed.

HP HD Camera.png

3. Install the driver

Sometimes Windows needs the latest camera driver for the camera to function well.  While in the Device Manager, right-click on your camera and select Update Driver.  Then click Search Automatically for updated driver software.  The latest driver is always available via Windows Update.

camera driver.png

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

None of these worked. Still having the same issues.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.