10-03-2016 09:22 PM
I dont recall when the issue has occured, but it has been a while since my touch screen has worked. It weird because under pen and touch it states that there is no inout for pen or touch when clearly my computer's touch screen once worked.
What should I do to bring the once beloved feature back?
Thank you for your help!
10-05-2016 08:43 AM - edited 10-05-2016 06:35 PM
Welcome to the HP forums! It is a great way to engage, post questions and find resolutions by working with specialists in the HP community. I understand that you need assistance with the touchscreen of your unit that doesn’t seem to work. It will be a genuine pleasure to assist you here.
A commendable job was done by isolating the issue. Hats off to you on that score. I am really impressed with your technical skills and it is always a privilege to work with a tech-savvy customer like you.
We first need to isolate the issue to being software or hardware related. Once that is established and if it turns out to be a software issue, then we could figure out a way to correct the situation. Please perform these steps first:
- Power down the computer and unplug the charger. Then remove the battery only if it is a removable one.
- Hold down the power button of the unit for 15 seconds to discharge static electrical charges inside the machine.
- Replace the battery and reconnect the charger.
- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.
- The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu is displayed.
- Please run the diagnostics under component tests for the touchscreen and check if the diagnostics pass or fail. Please make a note of it. It is recommended to run all component tests.
Once it is established that it is not a hardware issue, you could perform a system restore to a good known working date before the issue occurred by visiting this link: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545
- Please follow the option “Restore your computer when Windows starts normally” which might correct the issue.
- Please update the bios of the computer from this link http://hp.com/drivers Select the country and language. Enter the product# and follow the on-screen instructions.
- You could also visit this link for further troubleshooting: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-m6-Sleekbook/5375391/model/5395105/troubleshooting
Hope this helps! Please let me know how this goes.I genuinely hope your beloved feature is restored and the computer works great without hassles.
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to appreciate my efforts by giving me a Kudos. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution”. If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help.
Take care now and do have a splendid week ahead.
I am an HP Employee