Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Please help! The touch screen on my Envy laptop no longer works. 😞 I've tried restarting and shutting off, but to no avail. When I go to PC Info, it tells me that: "No pen or touch input is available for this display." This is obviously incorrect, because my laptop is, in fact, a touch screen. I haven't installed any programs that would have affected the feature.

Thanks,

Jerry

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi Jerry,

Welcome to the HP Forums!Smiley Happy

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using the forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience in the HP forum, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that your touchscreen is not functioning.  When you looked in PC info, you see "No pen or touch input is available for this display"

I suggest you uninstall and delete the display driver. I would reinstall with the original driver and then run The HP Support Assistant to do updates.   Here is a link to assist you with reinstalling the original driver.  Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 😎.

If you would like further assistance, would you provide your exact model of Envy 15 Touchsmart you have and the Operating System you are running and if it is 32 or 64 bit.

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the display driver, but that didn't work. I also tried using the HP Support Assistant to update all of my drives, but that also didn't do anything to fix the problem.

My product number is: E0L06UA#ABA
My model number is: m6-k022dx

HP Recommended

@Sparkles1 wrote:

Hi Jerry,

Welcome to the HP Forums!:smileyhappy:

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using the forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience in the HP forum, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Y'know, for a "support forum," you guys aren't very good at giving support or responding to posts here. I'm still having trouble with my touch screen, and I am getting very frustrated...

HP Recommended

Hi YerrytheYantior,

Thank you for your reply.  I am sorry for the delay in responding, but I have been away.

Here is a Microsoft mix that may help.

1. Press the Windows logo key + X.
  2. Select Device Manager from the list.
  3. Click the little arrow next to Human Interface Devices to expand the list.
  4. Click the touch screen driver
  5. Right-click, and select Enable from the list.
  6. Click Yes on the dialog box that asks if you are sure you want to enable the touch screen driver.

If this has not helped, you can do a restore back to when it was working.Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 😎

You can also try  Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8).

If you are still experiencing this difficulty, I suggest contacting HP support for further assistance.

Please call HP technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region HP Technical Support Sitemap.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

I've tried all the options you've given me so far, and none have worked. However, when I go into my Human Interface Devices under Device Manager, there is no touch screen driver present. I've also tried updating my graphics driver and that didn't work. Where can I get the touch screen driver?

HP Recommended

Hi YerrytheYanitor,

I regret that none of my suggestions have resolved your issue.  The touchscreen driver is part of  the graphic driver.

Here is a link to the HP ENVY TouchSmart m6-k022dx Sleekbook Drivers. I am not sure if you are running Windows 8 or 8.1, so you will need to select the correct one. 

If you have the latest driver and you still have this difficulty, I suggest contacting HP support for further assistance.

Please call HP technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region HP Technical Support Sitemap.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

ALL....PLEASE BEFORE YOU DO ANY DRIVER REPLACEMENTS OR ANYTHING....DO THIS!!

My HP15 touch screen was not operating. It just all of a sudden would not work. I went through all the previous steps above, except re-installing the display driver. When I went to the Device Manager, I only say 2 drivers in the Human Interface Devices. You are supposed to see multiple ones. Low and behold...this is the problem. Do not search to get the drivers.....yet. A very simple 2 minute step will resolve the issue.

1. Shutdown the computer

2. Once computer is shutdown, remove the battery.

3. Hold down the power button for 15-20 seconds (this is performing a hard reset).

4. Place battery back into computer.

5. Turn on computer.

This should resolve your problem as it did for me. 

If not, you may need to re-install the touch screen drivers.

Hope this helps!!

HP Recommended

Hi OwnerKevinD

ALL....PLEASE BEFORE YOU DO ANY DRIVER REPLACEMENTS OR ANYTHING....DO THIS!!

My HP15 touch screen was not operating. It just all of a sudden would not work. I went through all the previous steps above, except re-installing the display driver. When I went to the Device Manager, I only say 2 drivers in the Human Interface Devices. You are supposed to see multiple ones. Low and behold...this is the problem. Do not search to get the drivers.....yet. A very simple 2 minute step will resolve the issue.

1. Shutdown the computer

2. Once computer is shutdown, remove the battery.

3. Hold down the power button for 15-20 seconds (this is performing a hard reset).

4. Place battery back into computer.

5. Turn on computer.

This should resolve your problem as it did for me. 

If not, you may need to re-install the touch screen drivers.

Hope this helps!!

Does the Hard Reset wipe out your files and documents?

HP Recommended

this was all i needed to do. thanks much

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.