Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Envy m7 HDMI port not working

HP ENVY Notebook - m7-n109dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently bought an HP Envy m7, and I setup an external monitor. I recently had a BIOS update, which I think broke the HDMI port. I connected the port to a projecter, and it still does not get any input through the HDMI. I've tried multiple cables, and none of them work. My monitor I'm using is an LG IPS Flatron monitor. When I plug in the HDMI, it tells me it's not receiving anything to diplay. I've used Windows Key + P to switch it to extend mode, but it doesn't work.

1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
3798 201 432
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Envy m7 HDMI port not working

Hi @kevinchung,

I hope you enjoy your visit to the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the HDMI. I will be glad to help you.

Please work though Troubleshooting HDMI Display and Sound Issues.

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! :)

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation