Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just received a brand new HP Envy 15 the trackpad/ touch pad is not working. The cursor is on the screen however I can not control it with the trackpad. The touch screen display works, also when plugging in an external mouse via usb I can control the cursor, however I still can not use the touch/ trackpad to move the cursor. I have tried installing the latest drivers from the HP website and the touch/ trackpad still does not work. This HP Envy 15 is brand new as well. I have tried resetting the pc as well to factory settings. I have had this pc in my possession for 2 days and trackpad/ touchpad is not working

Product #: 8ST12AV

Product Name: HP ENVY Laptop 15t-ep000

Serial #: [Personal Information Removed]

Software build ID : 20WW1KBT601#SABA#DABA

Motherboard ID : 878F

BIOS : F.04-11/02/2020

Keyboard revision : 18.32

Total memory : 16GB

Processor name : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi@RYANCOM, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand that touchpad has stopped working on your PC.

As you mentioned that touchpad is not getting listed in the device manager.

Have you tried checking with an external mouse? Does the external mouse work?

BIOS is updated?

Please try the steps recommended below.

Click the Device Settings or the Click Pad Settings tab of Mouse Properties. If you have a Synaptic device, the tab includes the Synaptic icon. 

Select the desired touchpad under the Devices list, and then click either Enable to turn on the device.

On some touchpads, you can turn the Touchpad on or off by double-tapping in the upper-left corner of the Touchpad. Double-tap to turn the Touchpad on, repeat to turn the Touchpad off.

Refer to this article to further troubleshoot touchpad issues.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Hello thank you for your assistance! Unfortunately I tried installing and uninstalling the synaptic precision touch pad drivers, as well as making sure my bios is up to date. I just discovered I can use my trackpad to move my cursor BUT, only while i press down on the touchpad (left click area) and move the touch pad cursor at the same time. Simply moving the touchpad without pressing it down like normal does not work still however. I can use an external mouse via usb, however the touchpad still only works when I press down at the same time.

HP Recommended

Hello thank you for your assistance! Unfortunately I tried installing and uninstalling the synaptic precision touch pad drivers, as well as making sure my bios is up to date. I just discovered I can use my trackpad to move my cursor BUT, only while i press down on the touchpad (left click area) and move the touch pad cursor at the same time. Simply moving the touchpad without pressing it down like normal does not work still however. I can use an external mouse via usb, however the touchpad still only works when I press down at the same time.

HP Recommended

@RYANCOM

We have done the basic troubleshooting as per the document and the notebook needs to checked taking remote access so that get to know it's a hardware or software issue.

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.

HP Recommended

Thank you. Ive been waiting more than 3 weeks for my repaired unit to be returned. Hopefully soon as I am in university for computer engineering and would like my computer! Thanks again!

HP Recommended

@RYANCOM

Please contact HP Support in your region and they should be able to give you an update on the repair status

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.