Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Envy x360 13-ay0505na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The left hinge became detached from the lid of the laptop, when the lid was opened the hinge pressed against the back of the screen cracking it. Parts of the plastic bar which the hinge screws are attached to fell out the bottom of the display case.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

My right hinge just cracked minutes ago on my R5 version.

HP Recommended

@AlexHan @Power971

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,

I understand that your HP notebook hinge failed and it's detaching from the laptop case. This sounds like hardware related issue with the Hinge assembly and in order to fix this issue,  your computer needs to be serviced.  As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically.  HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/​​​​​​​

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Echo_Lake

I'm in the UK and the only support options presented to me on that page are here and PC world who have been unable to fix the issue as "the parts required are no longer available", if I am set to the wrong region I'm sorry but every time I change to the UK it reverts back to the US on the next load. 

HP Recommended

@AlexHan

Thank you for posting back. 

In order to bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Hope this helps!
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi@AlexHan,

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Apologies for all the inconvenience

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. This sounds like hardware related issue with the hinge assembly and in order to fix this issue,  your computer needs to be serviced.  As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. 

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically.  HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution

HP Recommended

Hi @Praveenbv

As posted earlier I'm in the UK and this is the only support option I'm given, when I set my region on the forum to the UK it takes me back to the HP support page then when I go to the forum it sets the region to the US. @Echo_Lake has contacted me privately and has told me he has referred me to a support team, I haven't had any contact since then.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.