Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 4 (259 Views)

HP Envy x360 stopped working HDMI

Product Name: HP ENVY x360
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I just got a new HP Envy x 360 in July 2016 and a new HP monitor 27es Display in mid-August.  

It was connecting to the monitor by using HDMI fine till last week.  From a week ago (around Labor day), it stopped recognizing the monitor.

I have an old HP laptop, and it is fine connecting to the the monitor by VGA.  So, it is not the monitor's issue.

I remember I did the recommended HP update around the same time.  I am suspecting that update caused the issue with HDMI.  Can anyone help?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4 (223 Views)

Re: HP Envy x360 stopped working HDMI

Hi @TH-VT,

Welcome to HP Forums.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

Have you tried replacing the cable once to check if it could be the cable fault? Try performing the steps below to restore the computer to an earlier date before the update happened and check if that helps.

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
  • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
  • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
  • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

Let me know how it goes.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Top Student
Message 3 of 4 (190 Views)

Thank you for your advise, but it did not work.  I tried to restore the problematic update per your step, but it got even worse and I had to do hard reset.  I ended up to resotre my laptop to the manufacturing setting.  

HDMI works now of course.  I wonder if I could have done something else...

Thanks anyway.

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 4 (176 Views)

Hi @TH-VT,

Thanks for responding.

Appreciate the execution of the steps you performed.

I understand that you had to do the complete reset which I was trying to avoid as it was a drastic but accurate resolution.

It would have caused more inconvenience of losing your personal data and all your Windows configuration settings as well.

Well, you have the PC back the way you wished it. Congratulations.

Cheers

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation