cancel
CoolbeansInAR Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP LA2205wg monitor shuts down instantly when plugging into Toshiba Satellite laptop

HP Compaq LA2205wg
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to use another display/monitor with my laptop. However, my HP Compaq LA2205wg monitor shuts down instantly when I plug in the HDMI cable into my Toshiba Satellite laptop. Once I unplug the HDMI cable, the monitor turns back on.

I am plugging in an Insignia DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter into the monitor and then an HDMI cable from there to my laptop. Both of the connectors (DisplayPort adaptor for HDMI cable are new)

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
3,486 2,755 184 356
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP LA2205wg monitor shuts down instantly when plugging into Toshiba Satellite laptop

Hey @CoolbeansInAR

This is a great place to ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community! I will do my absolute best to help you come to a resolution with the HDMI issues you are experiencing. 

Did you receive any error messages?

Did you see if the HDMI was listed in the Digital Output Device?

Here is a document for you called Troubleshooting HDMI Display and Sound Issues. It has three different sections that you can use for troubleshooting: 

Could you please run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter first. The troubleshooter will help find and fix HDMI issues. 

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
  • Select Troubleshooting.
  • Select View all on the top left corner.
  • Click on Hardware and Devices.
  • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
  • Check if the issue persists.

Please also try to: 

• Press (Windows key + X)
  • Click on Device Manager.
  • Expand Sound, video, and game controllers
  • Right click on the sound driver
  • Select Update Driver Software.
  • Once this is done, restart the Notebook twice and check if the issue persists.

Also, you could try to:

•  Press (Windows key + X)
  • Click on Device Manager.
  • Expand Sound, video, and game controllers
  • Right click on the sound driver
  • Select Uninstall.
  • Once this is done, restart the Notebook twice and check if the issue persists.

If this reply helped, please use the Accept as Solution button. If you want to give me a virtual high five, please click the Thumbs Up icon below. 

Please let me know what the results of the suggestions above are. 

Thanks for joining in!

Have a good one Smiley Happy

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation