2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP LAPTOP-EV76KSF5 support HDMI and/or USB-C to display port

HP Recommended
HP Laptop PC 15s-fq2000 EV76KSF5
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi.

I have an HP LAPTOP-EV76KSF5 and i need to connect to an external monitor that has a display port connection, but no HDMI port.

Does anyone here know of a product that can do this? (NOTE: I am not after DP to HDMI, which most Google searches come back with!!!...)

Does my model laptop support HDMI and/or USB-C to display port?

Cheers and stay safe!!

Rolfee.

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
94,773 93,430 12,277 26,108
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Rolfee 

EV76KSF5 is an invalid model/product and 15s-fq2000 is not a completed model. It can be 15s-fq2000np or 15s-fq2000np .... which is similar to the following machine

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06983679

It ONLY has 1 SuperSpeed USB Type-C® 5Gbps signaling rate port which does NOT support Alt mode nor Power Delivery. You can NOT use it to

• Charge your machine
  • Connect to an external monitor with / without hub/dock/adapter

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Rolfee
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, BH.

WIndows System infor states this as being the Product ID: 00325-96744-85296-AAOEM.

Does that help better identify my model and determine the other aspect of my question? Which is:

Can you please help me identify an HDMI (from laptop) to Display Port (on external monitor) that my laptop supports?

I have already bought one, but it does not work. and I think this is because it is intended to convert the opposite way (i.e. DP to HDMI).

Cheers!

Ed.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation