07-09-2013 02:51 PM
I have an HP G60 laptop and prior to upgrading from Windows Vista to Windows 7, I could plug the HDMI cable into my Toshiba TV and then into my laptop and instant video on the TV. I finally took the plunge and upgraded it to Windows 7 and wanted to watch a TV show via my laptop on my TV. I plugged in the HDMI to the TV and to the laptop... no signal? I checked and it "sees" the Toshiba TV, but it won't send any video to it. I tried two different HDMI cables, to make sure they cable wasn't bad and the same thing. It recognizes the TV as another screen, but won't send video. This is driving me crazy, because I was in the middle of series and I want to see what happens! Please help! I spent an hour trying different things, looking up help tips, etc. and nothing worked.
07-12-2013 10:02 AM
I understand that you are not getting a signal to your TV.
Go to start type sound.
Under the playback tab, right click the HDMI and set as default.
If you don’t see HDMI right click any device and select show disabled devices.
Now you should be able to set HDMI as default.
Let me know how everything goes.
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)