Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Laptop PC 15s-fq2000 (2D119AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

HP Laptop PC 15s-fq2000 (2D119AV) - I have connected two external monitors using a HDMI Splitter (1 input, 2 outputs), both monitors are displaying, however, only one is being detected by Laptop. I want to be able to drag documents, apps, etc between the two external monitors. Any help would be great. i have done a driver update.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@JON-56 

Using splitter won't give you extend option because 2 monitors are the same. Your machine ONLY has 1  SuperSpeed USB Type-C® 5Gbps signaling rate port which does NOT support Alt mode nor Power Delivery. You can NOT use it to

• Charge your machine
  • Connect to an external monitor with / without hub/dock/adapter

If you wish to have 2 or more external monitors (and notebook monitor - total 3), please enter your requirement on the following link and it will find for you few USB-A DisplayLink Certified options on market today including some HP products (you can select HP before Search)

https://www.displaylink.com/products/universal-docking-stations

or try the following cheap one on eBay (I bought it for A$70):

dock thinkpad.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@JON-56 

Using splitter won't give you extend option because 2 monitors are the same. Your machine ONLY has 1  SuperSpeed USB Type-C® 5Gbps signaling rate port which does NOT support Alt mode nor Power Delivery. You can NOT use it to

• Charge your machine
  • Connect to an external monitor with / without hub/dock/adapter

If you wish to have 2 or more external monitors (and notebook monitor - total 3), please enter your requirement on the following link and it will find for you few USB-A DisplayLink Certified options on market today including some HP products (you can select HP before Search)

https://www.displaylink.com/products/universal-docking-stations

or try the following cheap one on eBay (I bought it for A$70):

dock thinkpad.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thankyou Bahien, I did think that might be the case, but couldn't find any clarity on how many external monitors the laptop could support. Thank you for providing this clarity and, possible solution.

many thanks

HP Recommended

I bought Alogic USB-C 12in1 Mini Dock MV2 Dual Full HD display. this did not work, no display on monitors at all. using HDMI for monitors and usb port on laptop.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.