Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (137 Views)

HP Notebook - 15-g222au wanted driver to add extra monitor for multi tasking

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

I have a HP Notebook - 15-g222au and was trying to add an extra monitor for multi tasking, but when i connected with the help of a HDMI cable, it showed "Your PC cant project to another screen, Try reinstalling the driver or using a different video card.

Please help with the appropriate driver to be installed for enabling display on to one more extra monitor. Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (91 Views)

Re: HP Notebook - 15-g222au wanted driver to add extra monitor for multi tasking

Hi @MITESHRS,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand you are looking for the drivers for your HP notebook for multi-tasking, Don't worry as I have a few steps to help you get through this concern,

Let's start with the below steps:

Update the BIOS: A BIOS update may be available and most known issues have been resolved with the latest update.

You could also install the Chipset drivers from our support website.

Look under Hidden devices: in device manager, if the driver shows up - uninstall/delete it and then reinstall the display drivers from HP: Click here

Try to install the drivers by downloading them manually from the manufacturer’s website.

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes for further assistance.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful,

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation