Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. 

The right hinge of my laptop has broken, all of a sudden it has gotten very stiff and and the exterior border now detaches from my screen completely. I now cannot close my laptop at all without cracking and the screen coming apart on the right side. The hinge cover has come off at the back and I don't know what to do! I can't even move the screen without it making a popping noise and when carrying it, I have to do so very carefully in case it falls apart.

I've only had this laptop for 2 and a half to 3 years. It has also never fallen or been stepped on/any other accidents.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@AriaJan

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi.  I have the same problem on the rear left hand corner with the case cracking, popping and lifting for a similar age HP Laptop 15 - model SY-028na.  It started to fail just over 18 months after purchase and has gradually worsened now the charging lead will not enter the case because of the alignment is so bad the AC power pin is lifting within the case as the hinge lifts the case lid in that corner.   

I did think it was a rare occurrence but now consider it to be a design fault from the reports of the issue, and secondly because my late father had an HP laptop that had the same problem and he gave up trying to recharge and bought a replacement laptop.  I have his HP laptop as a record.

Can or will HP correct this fault?  I hope so because otherwise it's a good laptop.

HP Recommended

@1Homefield, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.