Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello this is my first time asking for support but excuse me if i give misleading information but here it is. So recently my Laptop's webcam is unable to work so i searched the internet to find a solution, a video told me to delete the driver (which was located under camera in device manager) and once i did that it then said to "Action" at the top then "Scan for hardware changes" and unfortunately did not appear, I then went to your website to look for support and you asked to do a "Microsoft System Restore" which also did not work due to the only available restore was at 5:33 Pm which the driver didn't exist at that time either due to me deleting it :(. Is there any possible way to return my webcam? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi
Make, Model and OS please.
SKU: if possible by this method
WinKey + R and type
msinfo32
Read Line 9
System SKU: N6K07EA#ABU

Please do not post Serial Numbers.

It may be hidden in ....  DEVICE MANAGER  --  VIEW  --  SHOW HIDDEN DEVICES

Hidden Devices.png

HP Recommended

I've already attempted to see if it was hidden as soon as i deleted it due to the video saying it should pop up but like i said it didn't I should of cleared that up, But after resetting my computer a couple times and seeing if my webcam could finally appear under camera (which camera doesn't show up when i view hidden items I'd have to add it from add legacy hardware) I am unable to find the driver that allows my laptop to use the webcam, is it possible if I could install the driver online somewhere or?

Also if i were to attempt to go get the driver from "add legacy hardware", camera WOULD appear there but there is no model for me to download off of...

HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.