2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP OMEN graphic

OMEN 15-ax000ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

So i have a question regarding my cheap low quality and useless laptop HP OMEN 15-ax000ne

i bought my laptop in 2016. after 6 months of purchase my FAN STARTED MAKING NOISE.

obviously some cheap fan from foxconn is going bad (compared to the graphic fan from DELTA which still working fine)

the problem is common with HP you may google and look at the tons of results.

i ignored the fan noise and using my laptop since.

Three days ago i received update for BIOS and graphic Card. (updated both at the same time)

and suddently BSOD. i restarted my laptop and my graphic card is giving code 43.

i tried every possible solution :

1. reinstalled the driver

2. reinstalled the previous driver

3. reflashed the bios again with the latest version

4. tried to reflash the BIOS with the previous version F45.A but not possible (not working)

5. tried the WIN+B to flash the older bios from USB

6. tried WIN+B Bios recovery (recovery working but im still on the F46.A BIOS)

7. I tried to reset the LAPTOP (F11), (there was a problem while resetting...)

8. Tried the HP Recovery (started the format, started installing software and drivers and suddently stopped)

nvlddmkm.sys error. and thats it

because the recovery formatted my HDD, i cannot boot to windows anymore.

i used Microsoft Media Creation Tool on another laptop and installed fresh copy of windows.

and the result is below:

Laptop is working but:

I cannot create recovery media for HP (recovery partition still there)

my graphic card not working (only Intel)

there is no recovery option anymore when i press F11

So now what i do with this cheap laptop ? to the trash?

im still on extended warranty but im trying to solve all the SW issues till i give up and give it back to service centre to check the HW (motherboard most probably is gone. typical HP Quality)

after installing the fresh windows install i was able to save my work (at least)

Details about my laptop (nothing, specs as per HP website, Softwares as Per HP, used for few games and internet surfing)

BIOS Version F46.A.

graphic cant be installed, everything else is working.

tried fresh install using DDU, downloaded the oldest driver. tried BIOS DOWNGRADE cant be done.

so now my laptop is a piece of plastic because i updated my drivers.

HP WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW ?

I decided not to buy HP anymore but when i saw the OMEN i said maybe its high end high quality but again i was wrong.

I hope the service centre (which is the next step coming after i lose hope here) will refund me to get a new laptop from different brand. for the 1200 usd i paid i expected higher quality laptop.

I am open to any solution and will revert back within minutes.

ADDED : Windows Update Message :

There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help:

NVIDIA - Display - 3/7/2018 12:00:00 AM - 23.21.13.8912 - Error 0x8024ce2b

2 REPLIES 2
Level 17
Level 17
41,609 41,394 6,551 11,400
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP OMEN graphic

i ignored the fan noise 

Well I ink you maybe should go ahead and get something else and if it starts making a fan noise while it is under warranty, this time contact the manufacturer to get it fixed while the fix is free and something can be done. 

Good luck. 

0 Kudos
kodex
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP OMEN graphic

this is exactly what i am waiting for.

i am waiting for answers that will make me lose hope and then ill drop it at the service center.

well my problem is not the fan as it is the graphic card.

thanks for your honest answer anyway

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation