Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Omen 15 (2020)
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

So watching a few review videos shows the OMEN Command Center allowing the Intel units to switch between the Nvidia dedicated and the Intel HD graphics. This has to be possible somehow on the AMD Ryzen units, right? I'd be pretty letdown if I was forced to use the monstrous dedicated graphics for everything. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Samhain606 

On many HP Omen machines, you won't be able to switch at all. Please check Device Manager to see your machine has both or only one. My machine only has one as shown, iGPU is disabled, not available:

no igpu.png

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

AMD.png

Ok so now what? It appears in the list so I assume that means it exists. 

HP Recommended

Hi @Samhain606 

This is hybrid mode, both integrated GPU and discrete GPU, system will determine which GPU will be working based on system graphic behavior and requirement.

On OMEN 15 (AMD version) 15-en000, it doesn't have graphic switch feature, if you want to use integrated GPU, you can check the "nvidia control panel", manual select integrated GPU as your preference. Thanks.

but the graphic performance would be quite worse when you play games...😀

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.