gmachnik
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Omen 15-ce008nw and Oculus

HP Recommended
HP Omen 15-ce008nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a laptop HP Omen 15-ce008nw (Win10, i5-7300HQ, GTX 1050, 8GB RAM).

When I try to setup Oculus Rift, everything goes well until I need to use goggles to proceed.

Goggles display black screen, but they are connected and detected.

If I connect goggles using HDMI port, there is no image and no sound. When I use mini displayport, there is no image but sound is OK.

I updated laptop's bios, Windows and nVidia drivers.

1 REPLY 1
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 829 1,529
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@gmachnik

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that when you attempt to setup the Oculus Rift, everything goes well until you need to use goggles to proceed. The Goggles display black screen, but they are connected and detected.

If you connect goggles using HDMI port, there is no image and no sound. When you use mini display port, there is no image but sound is OK.

I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

Based on the inputs and further research, if the HP Omen laptop works fine otherwise in general then I suggest you to contact Oculus support to set it up.

Hope this helps. Feel free to keep me posted on how it goes.

Good luck! 😉

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation