Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
17-an199nf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

When I play a FPS or Minecraft when I turn, the display looks blurry, really blurry. like a ghosting who multipliate the image BUT just when I do fast action. I have 4 displays at my home, and a 144hz HP display and not this issue.

My Omen laptop has 120Hz IPS. But I don't know why I have this, I trie to reinstall windows, graphical drivers & cie. I try 60hz/120hz with and without G-Sync, with an without Nvidia custom 3D parameters..
That's the screen?! The blur "speed effect" appears when I turn fast or medium fast. 

I took a photo with my smartphone to see this blur.IMG_20191112_161142.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Miwoo Welcome to HP Community!

Does the issue persist on the BIOS page?

I have checked the records and found a service advisory related to the issue you mentioned.

When playing certain games (high actions per minute games) for extended periods (2 hours or more), the performance may be degraded.

This occurs when running HP OMEN Command Center versions prior to version 4.0.32.0.

Performance is restored after stopping OMEN Command Center.

Resolve the issue by updating to the latest version of OMEN Command Center available from the Microsoft Store:https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/search/result.aspx?q=omen+command+center

Refer to the service advisory to solve performance issues with the PC. Click Here

Please click the following link to troubleshoot the display issue.

Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Thanks but thats not fix the poor quality of the screen. I think ghosting is related to the bad screen..

HP Recommended

@Miwoo,

This laptop supports up to 120 Hz IPS.  Please check the product specification of this module.

This is the product limitation of this product. You cannot connect the 144Hz external monitor.

If you need further clarification or assistance, please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your product. 

Keep us posted,

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

You don't understand 😛

I have 144hz monitor, and I play with my other PC with it, no issue of ghosting. This is a HP display x27. I can compare this IPS panel with the laptop.

I have a laptop, too, Omen 17" with 120hz. And i have issues with the laptop.  The screen i s not smooth, I have ghosting. 120hz but wityh ghosting it's like 20Hz. Really bad render. Far faraway  of the good quality of my other display. I can compare.
It's not normal. Tjis cut the action during game with the speed. It's not a gaming monitor. You can see the screen..

HP Recommended

@Miwoo

In that case please update the graphics drivers, BIOS and check for the issue.

Keep us posted,

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.