Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv7t-7000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP PAVILION dv7t-7000, Windows 10 pro, has NIVIDIA GeForce GT 650M, maximum resolution is 1920 x 1080.

How do I increase the maximum resolution to  2560 x 1080? 

Thanks.

KAPIL
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to help you with that.

You would need to take it to a PC repair shop and see if it could be done.  Personally, I think it cannot be done.

You have to replace more than the just panel itself.  There are other hardware components that may need to be changed out.

IMHO, I would just buy a new model notebook with the display resolution you want.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only way to do that would be to connect to an external display that has that resolution capability.

The display your notebook has is what controls the resolution, and it is at the max.

HP Recommended

Currently HP Pavilion has NVIDIA GeForce GT 650 M. Resolution is 1920 x 1080. Will changing from NVIDIA GeForce GT 650 M to NVIDIA GeForce GTx 570, not work?

Thanks in advance.

KAPIL
HP Recommended

Hi:

The GPU is an integral part of the motherboard and you can't upgrade it.

Your notebook had the best GPU available at the time.

I don't think that you are understanding the situation...

It is not the GPU that is the problem.  The nvidia GT 650M supports resolutions up to 3840 x 2160.

https://www.geforce.com/hardware/notebook-gpus/geforce-gt-650m/specifications

The LCD screen your notebook comes with has a maximum resolution of 1920 x 1080.

No higher resolution displays were available for your model.

HP Recommended

Thanks. Am new to the topic and am learning. Good to know that NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M supports maximum resolution upto: 3840 x 2160. Since the LCD screen limits the  maximum resolution of 1920 x 1080, is it possible to replace the LCD screen with one that supports a resolution, higher that 1920 x 1080? Just wondering............

Thanks for the valuable information.

KAPIL
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to help you with that.

You would need to take it to a PC repair shop and see if it could be done.  Personally, I think it cannot be done.

You have to replace more than the just panel itself.  There are other hardware components that may need to be changed out.

IMHO, I would just buy a new model notebook with the display resolution you want.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the valuable guidance.

KAPIL
HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.