cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
topixel
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Pavilion 11-n077ng x360 - touchscreen is no longer recognized

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 11-n077ng x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The touchscreen of my "HP Pavilion 11-n077ng x360" has recently stopped responding to touches. This worked for me for the last few years without any problems, even under Windows 10. I have already tried almost all the instructions on the help pages. All updates are installed and all drivers are up to date. If I call the in the bios settings at startup, the touchscreen responds without problems. However, as soon as Windows 10 is started, the system settings tell me that no touchscreen is connected.

What I haven't tried yet is resetting the system to the delivery state. But then I would be back to Windows 8.1 and I'm afraid that when I upgrade to Windows 10, I'll have the same problem again.

I suspect that the corresponding driver is no longer compatible with the latest Windows feature updates. I don't think it's a good idea to run my computer on an outdated Windows for which there will soon be no security updates. (Especially since it would probably cost me many hours of work to reinstall and set up all my programs).

Can I expect HP to update the touchscreen driver for this device so that it will be recognized under the current Windows?

Thanks in advance
topixel

2 REPLIES 2
erico
Level 17
Level 17
48,159 21,019 4,668 8,824
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, your notebook became, in marketing terms,  obsolescent as of Mar 24, 2015.

Are you running the Windows 10 Professional or the Home version?

Unfortunately, Microsoft has chosen to limit the number of days that even Pro users can delay updates to 35.

Unless Microsoft provides a working touchscreen driver for the hardware in your notebook you are out of luck.

If the touchscreen to use is important to you, it may be time to source a replacement. 

I am not an HP Employee. I volunteer my time.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
topixel
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the detailed and honest answer.

The computer has been running Windows 10 Home for quite some time. Since I had already installed the last update a few weeks ago, my only option is probably to bring the computer back to Windows 8.1 and then update it again until just before the last feature "downgrade" 20H2. However, delaying the last update would only postpone the problem and not really fix it. Therefore, I will probably have to do without the touchscreen for the time being.

I ordered my computer directly from the HP store at the end of January 2015. Even though the device is long outdated from a marketing point of view, I expect a company like HP to maintain their drivers for longer than 5 years. (As far as I know, Microsoft expects that drivers are usually adapted to new Windows versions by the hardware manufacturers themselves).

For me, longevity is an important quality feature. If HP sees it differently, I'll probably have to look for another supplier for my next laptop.

If I do find a solution, I'll try to remember to share it here.

Thanks a lot
topixel

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation