Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-cx0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop has an issue with the default display colours, most notably in the Red areas. It displays Red with more of an orange tint, and I regret buying this laptop as I edit photos regularly but I always edit on my desktop computer. I bought this laptop as a cheap-ish portable editing setup, but I can't work if the colours are so incorrect.

I was considering buying a SpyderXPro colour calibrator for my two desktop monitors, and was also going to use it to try calibrate this laptop monitor too to try and fix these issues, but I'm unsure if that would even work. I'm unsure if this laptop's monitor/display is too cheap for me to fix and if I should just buy a new laptop with more accurate colours, or if calibrating it could fix the issues.

Thank you in advance for all help. All the best.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@sonicjaguar,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Have you tried checking with an external monitor does the issue persist?

Does the issue persist on the BIOS page?

If the issue persists on the BIOS page it is a hardware issue with the display.

If the issue does not persist on the BIOS page try updating the graphics, chipset and BIOS on the PC to the latest version.

Uninstall the graphics driver from device manager and install the latest version of BIOS,chipset and graphics drivers on the PC using the HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant. Click Here

Refer this article to further troubleshoot display issues with the PC. Click Here

Let me know how it goes!

I hope you have a great day! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Jeet,

Thank you for your prompt reply! I tried your suggestions but none of them have fixed the issue. I'm thinking it may just be the actual display (perhaps it is cheap quality) and that this issue can't be fixed as the display simply doesn't have the specs I am needing.

Thank you again for your help, even though the issue is still here. Much appreciated 🙂

HP Recommended

@sonicjaguar,

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, will do asap!

Cheers forfor the help. All the best.

HP Recommended

@sonicjaguar,

Thank you for keeping me posted.

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.