Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-cs0003no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Have a HP Pavilion - 15-cs0003no bought in 2018. I want to set up two screens at my home. Can my laptop display two different screens?

One through the HDMI output and one through the USB-C?

Thanks for your help, 

Marcus

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@MackeB

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, After reading your post, I did go through the Product specifications of your product and found that you have 1 USB 3.1 Type-C™ Gen 1 (Data Transfer up to 5 Gb/s, Power Delivery, DisplayPort™ 1.2, HP Sleep and Charge); 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 (1 HP Sleep and Charge); 1 HDMI 1.4; 1 RJ-45; 1 headphone/microphone combo installed on the PC. 

Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04641829 to know more about Using Two or More Monitors with One Computer (Windows 10, 😎

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply @Echo_Lake

My question was badly written. The problem I am having is that I have one monitor connected to my hdmi-output and it works fine. Now I want to connect a second monitor to my laptop and I have problem getting it to work. I bought a hdmi-hub to connect to my USB-C output that's on my laptop. Then the second monitor is connected to the hub with a hdmi-cable. This setup work perfectly when I use it with my workplace laptop, but when I use my private HP Pavilion - 15-cs0003no the second monitor connected through the hub won't connect. I know the hub and all cables are working because it works fine with my Dell workplace laptop when I tried the setup on that one.   

So, is my USB-C output simply too old to support sending out video? Or do I need to change some settings in the graphic card? 

Thank you for the help. 

Marcus

HP Recommended

@MackeB

Thank you for posting back. 

The Hub connection is not compatible with this PC. Refer to the article: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04641829 Using Two or More Monitors with One Computer (Windows 10, 😎

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Echo_Lake

Thank you for the reply.

I'm sorry but your linked document doesn't answer my question. You say the Hub connection is not compatible with my PC. So what do I need to do? 

Change settings in the graphic card? Buy a USB-C to HDMI cable connection? Give up? 

Please don't link to another document...

Sincerely,

Marcus

HP Recommended

@MackeB

Thank you for posting back. 

According to the product spec, you have 1 USB 3.1 Type-C™ Gen 1 which is only high-speed data transfer only. 
Connection via USB hub will not extend video display. 

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.