Top Student
7 6 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion AK113NA Keyboard "sticking" issues in game

Pavilion AK113NA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, wondering if somebody can help me. I recently bought an HP Gaming Pavilion AK113NA. The keyboard sticks in games such as GTA V and Counterstrike Global Offensive - e.g. I press the D key to move right, but I stay stationary, and upon releasing the D key I start moving left without clicking anything. Conversely, I the A key could stop responding, I let go and I start moving right.

So far, HP support have tried

1) Updating graphics drivers

2) Updating keyboard driver

3) Toggling sticky and filter keys

4) Changing game controls

5) Creating a new test account

6) Msconfig different startup

7) Updating BIOS

😎 Connecting to the game in Offline mode

9) Optimizing Windows by deleting temp files and setting virtual memory manually

10) Full system reset

Anyone had these issues before? The keyboard has no problems in any application except games. I'm pretty sure it isn't a game's fault because the issue occurs in multiple games. Unfortunately, I don't have access to a USB keyboard.

9 REPLIES 9
Retired
Retired
18,630 17,373 953 2,196
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @yeachan153,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I see that your HP Pavilion 15-ak113na Gaming Notebook and issues with the keyboard sticking. Here is a troubleshooting guide for sticking keys. I know you tried most of these, but something might help you.

I feel that it is only a few keys could there be something under the keys causing this issue. I am guilty of eating near the Notebook and use the air can all the time to clean out crumbs and dust.:smileyembarrassed:

Please get back to me how this goes.

To show that you like, or are thankful of my post, kindly click the Thumbs up below. 

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
yeachan153 Top Student
Top Student
7 6 0 0
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Nothing under the laptop, it was new.

I'm in utter disbelief, I got a new replacement like-for-like same model. The same issue is still there.

I suspected two things - windows 10 incompatibility and hardware I/O problem under heat (gaming) could explain why the problem doesn't occur anytime else except gaming, and it passes the hardware test.

I tried changing OS to Windows 8.1. The same issue is still there.

At this point I'm lost and I intend to ask for a refund on Monday - unless you can suggest anything else, but both tech support and I have tried nearly everything.

There are people who have had the EXACT same issue as me on the same model, so it looks like a recurring problem:

https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/3rpwkv/keys_sticking_while_gaming_win_10_hp_laptop/

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
18,630 17,373 953 2,196
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @yeachan123,

I would reset the BIOS with this document selecting the reloading the BIOS default settings. Which has helped others.

Please let me know what happens.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
yeachan153 Top Student
Top Student
7 6 0 0
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Set everything to default on the menu. Booted up, played a game, issue still persists.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
18,630 17,373 953 2,196
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @yeachan153,

Please call us. They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Noreiwor Top Student
Top Student
6 5 0 0
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem. Anyone can solve it ?

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
18,630 17,373 953 2,196
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @Noreiwor,

Please follow the above troubleshooting. Let me know.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Franzl93 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, i got the hp star wars special edition 15-an031ng and the same problem...

Its like sometimes he walkes Right even though i already had released the d key.

He keeps on doing that until i press that button again. Laptop is 1 week old. Happens in games frequently

Greetings if anybody can help

0 Kudos
yeachan153 Top Student
Top Student
7 6 0 0
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Honestly just return it, I got mine replaced and it had exactly the same problem the second time round. Refunded it eventually, just happenend while gaming. I had the cheek of some customer advisor telling me that since the UEFI hardware check showed "no problem", I couldn't return it because it "wasn't faulty". 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation