Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming — 15-cx0099ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everybody. Got some problem with my screen on notebook HP Pavilion Gaming — 15-cx0099ur.

When I start playing games, after 1-2 min my screen is getting dark and it's impossible to look something on screen.

I checked drivers updates, and got latest versions of these drivers (used HP Support Assistant)

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@JaredLenon,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Does this happen while playing specific game or while playing all the games. 

Are you having issues while playing online games or the ones installed on your PC. 

Let's try these steps here: 

I would suggest here is to Run Windows Updates troubleshooter -

Download and install the troubleshooter from this link.

Now try to perform Windows Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

If the issue persists, I would suggest here is to uninstall the display drivers on your PC from device manager.

Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand display adapters>then select the display drivers that are listed and right-click on it and uninstall the drivers.

Check the box that states delete the software for this device.

Now restart the computer and then update the Bios, Chipset and graphics card drivers on your PC either from our HP support website, using this link or download it using HP Support Assistant

Download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

I hope this should do the trick. Let me know how it goes for further assistance.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for support, but no one of these advices don't help me.

I've got latest ver of BIOS, Drivers Nvidia, Chipset drivers.

I used HP Support Assistant, and download all of driver, 0 results.

I can play games only in low graphic mode, it's look disgusting( 

I've already reinstall windows (3 or 4 times)

06.26.2019 I've give my notebook in to official support service in our city (Yekaterinburg, Russia)

They test my computer, and told me, everything is OK. But when I run Dota2 on high quality, and my screen goes down to 50%, they told me it's not a problem of book, it's problem of game.

I've reinstall all games on my book, but nothing changes.

What I must do? I bought notebook more than 1200$ and after 6 months of use it, this pc permits me paly games only on low graphic?!

How can solve the problem.

BTW Thank You 4 support

Best regards JL

HP Recommended

Thanks for trying @JaredLenon

Appreciate you trying the steps. I'd suggest you contact the HP Support in your region regarding this issue, they should be able to help. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.