Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Laptop PC 14-dv0000 (9WF41AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I am trying to connect a HP Pavilion 14-dv0033no - i5 laptop (Windows 11) with a Dell P2419HC external monitor. I am using the USB C cable that was bundled with the monitor but when I connect it, the monitor shows "no signal" and it does not work but only charges my laptop. I tried with a HDMI cable with the same PC and it worked instantly. I have also tried with using a different laptops (HP EliteBook, Dell Latitude) with the same USB-C cable and then it also worked instantly.

I guess there is some issue with the new Pavilion laptop (or Win 11), but when I check the specifications it says the following:
"1 SuperSpeed USB Type-C® 10Gbps signaling rate (USB Power Delivery, DisplayPort™ 1.4, HP Sleep and Charge)"

I am struggling in resolving the same since the purchase of the product a year ago and have tried all options - update drivers, install dell monitor driver, etc.

Please help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @NihilB 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... 

(1) Update BIOS

HP Firmware Pack (Intel Processors)

F.30 Rev.A9.4 MBMar 22, 2022Download

Why should you install the update ?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_4123786-2338478-16

Quote: "

Updating the BIOS is recommended as standard maintenance of the computer. It can also help resolve the following issues:

• An available BIOS update resolves a specific issue or improves computer performance.
  • The current BIOS does not support a hardware component or a Windows upgrade.
  • HP Support recommends installing a specific BIOS update.

"

(2) Update thunderbold and display control driver

Intel Thunderbolt Controller Driver

1.41.1193.0 Rev.D18.5 MBSep 22, 2021Download

and

HP Display Control

4.8.67.0 Rev.A41.6 MBMay 5, 2022Download

(3) Reboot and test again ...

Please report your results

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Hello @Ub6424,

Thank you for your prompt and detailed response.

I have completed BIOS Update, installed mentioned driver programs and reboot my laptop but still my Dell Monitor is showing - 'No USB Type-C signal from your device.'

Can you please help me further?

Thank you.

Regards,

Nihil Bhuptani

HP Recommended

Hello @NihilB 

Please follow the user guide

User Guide

Page 24 Chapter 4 Enjoying entertainment features

Connecting a DisplayPort device using a USB Type-C cable

ub6424_1-1656926122421.png

or use HDMI

ub6424_2-1656926219365.png

Please report your results

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much

⌨️

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.