Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
15t-cs300
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have got HP Pavilion Laptop 15t-cs300 non touch
-Motherboard HP 86E2
-Memory 6 GB @ 2.7 GHz
-Display 1366 x 768 - 32 Bit colors
OS Windows 10
BIOS Date 20200819

Now the problem I am having is the display. Its too bright and white.
I tried all the display settings of minimize/maximize display, contrast, calibrate etc but nothing has helped.
I even purchased display profiles from LaptopMediaLabs-IRIS but that also does not help.

Any ideas what can I do or is this is a known issue with this laptop.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@irfantastic

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out .

I see that your experiencing issue with the Monitor is too bright. I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue.

As you've performed relevant troubleshooting steps and still the brightness of the monitor is not corrected. 

Let's try this step: Adjusting Low Blue Light Mode:

Decreasing the blue light emitting from the display reduces the blue light exposure to your eyes. HP computers provide a setting to reduce blue light output and create a more relaxing and less stimulating image while you read content on the screen.

To adjust your monitor to a comfortable viewing light, follow the steps below.

To adjust the blue light output from the display:

• Open the HP Display Control app.
  • Select your desired setting:
  • Low Blue Light: TUV certified. Reduces the blue light for improved eye comfort
  • Night: Adjusts to the lowest blue light and reduces the impact on sleep
  • Reading: Optimizes blue light and brightness for indoor viewing

Hope this helps!

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day

ECHO_LAKE

HP Recommended

@Praveenbv

First of all the HP Display Control app was not on system so I had to find and download from HP site.

Now when I am trying to select any option like Reading or Low blue light nothing happens. I even tried from the task bar icon to select Low blue light nothing. In-fact the selection keeps changing to Standard option.

I have added a video grab for the problem. You can see I keep selecting the low light but the check box goes back to Standard.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QvFqVZFRmUGshT-Oi_bhepLD1sUNBYLl/view?usp=sharing

https://streamable.com/6bvnxy

HP Recommended

@praveenbv wrote:

@irfantastic

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out .

I see that your experiencing issue with the Monitor is too bright. I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue.

As you've performed relevant troubleshooting steps and still the brightness of the monitor is not corrected. 

Let's try this step: Adjusting Low Blue Light Mode:

Decreasing the blue light emitting from the display reduces the blue light exposure to your eyes. HP computers provide a setting to reduce blue light output and create a more relaxing and less stimulating image while you read content on the screen.

To adjust your monitor to a comfortable viewing light, follow the steps below.

To adjust the blue light output from the display:

• Open the HP Display Control app.
  • Select your desired setting:
  • Low Blue Light: TUV certified. Reduces the blue light for improved eye comfort
  • Night: Adjusts to the lowest blue light and reduces the impact on sleep
  • Reading: Optimizes blue light and brightness for indoor viewing

Hope this helps!

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day

ECHO_LAKE

Any update on my question?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.