cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
bward97
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Pavilion Laptop PC 15-eg0000 (172Z7AV) Dual Monitor Setup

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Laptop PC 15-eg0000 (172Z7AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have connected my new laptop to two identical external monitors using a USB-C to Dual DisplayPort adapter. The monitors are detected and I can extend the display across both monitors. The laptop specifications indicate that the USB-C port supports DP 1.4.

The problem is that one monitor is displayed in the native resolution (2560 x 1440), but the other is not (1920 x 1080). The maximum display resolution listed in the windows display settings for the second monitor is 1920 x 1080.

How can I get the both monitors to display at the native resolution? I have spoken to Microsoft and Intel who both told me that this is an issue from HP's end. The 11th Gen Intel Core i5-1135G7 supports up to 4 displays according to the chip specifications.

If monitor A is displaying at the native resolution and monitor B is displaying at the low resolution, and I swap the DisplayPort connections, then monitor A will show at the low resolution and monitor B will show at the native resolution. If I connect monitor A or B by themselves then they will each display at native resolution. The problem only occurs when both monitors are plugged in.

I have also tested the adapter with a HP Z book using the thunderbolt 3 port which works perfectly fine - both monitors display at the native resolution

I have tried uninstalling / installing multiple drivers including:

• Intel Iris Xe Graphics Version 27.20.100.8935
  • Intel Iris Xe Graphics Version 27.20.100.9664
  • Intel Iris Xe Graphics Version 27.20.100.9684

I don't understand why my HP Pavilion isn't allowing both monitors to display at native resolution. Any help would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
praveenbv
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,970 6,968 302 367
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@bward97,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps that should fix the issue.

1. Update the BIOS
  2. Intel® Driver & Support Assistant  the Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics, drivers 
  3. Windows Update.  

Please share the USB C dock model number,

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation