Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Laptop PC 15-eg0000 (172Z7AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have connected my new laptop to two identical external monitors using a USB-C to Dual DisplayPort adapter. The monitors are detected and I can extend the display across both monitors. The laptop specifications indicate that the USB-C port supports DP 1.4.

The problem is that one monitor is displayed in the native resolution (2560 x 1440), but the other is not (1920 x 1080). The maximum display resolution listed in the windows display settings for the second monitor is 1920 x 1080.

How can I get the both monitors to display at the native resolution? I have spoken to Microsoft and Intel who both told me that this is an issue from HP's end. The 11th Gen Intel Core i5-1135G7 supports up to 4 displays according to the chip specifications.

If monitor A is displaying at the native resolution and monitor B is displaying at the low resolution, and I swap the DisplayPort connections, then monitor A will show at the low resolution and monitor B will show at the native resolution. If I connect monitor A or B by themselves then they will each display at native resolution. The problem only occurs when both monitors are plugged in.

I have also tested the adapter with a HP Z book using the thunderbolt 3 port which works perfectly fine - both monitors display at the native resolution

I have tried uninstalling / installing multiple drivers including:

• Intel Iris Xe Graphics Version 27.20.100.8935
  • Intel Iris Xe Graphics Version 27.20.100.9664
  • Intel Iris Xe Graphics Version 27.20.100.9684

I don't understand why my HP Pavilion isn't allowing both monitors to display at native resolution. Any help would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@bward97,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps that should fix the issue.

1. Update the BIOS
  2. Intel® Driver & Support Assistant  the Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics, drivers 
  3. Windows Update.  

Please share the USB C dock model number,

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.