Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
kellden Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion Notebook tablet mode not working

Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab253ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My tablet mode has stopped working since the last Windows update.  I tried resetting the laptop, however that did not work.     

3 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 178 334
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@kellden,

Welcome to HP Support Forums. Best platform for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

Tablet mode not working on the PC after the windows update. Is that right?

Thank you for sharing the issue details. I would like to help you.

I recommend you try the steps from the link below and check if that solves the issue.

First, check the settings using the link: http://hp.care/2ffDjr3

If the settings are right, then try Microsoft system restore using the steps below.

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
  • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
  • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
  • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish

Hope this helps. Let me know for more.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
kellden Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried your suggestion and unfortunately it did not work. My dear husband suggested doing a full restore to wipe out all updates and start from scratch. That was two days ago and my laptop is now non-operational. All I get is a gray screen and the white dots spinning, taunting me that something is actually happening. Now I'm really stuck! I'm going out of town so I had to turn it off and punish it by sticking it on the corner.
Any suggestions on next steps would be most appreciated!
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 178 334
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@kellden,

Thanks for updating the solution suggested.

You can also try to boot the PC into safe mode and check if that works. I will suggest you the steps. Please try that out.

• Restart the PC and start tapping “F11” key.
  • Then select “Troubleshoot”.
  • Then select “Advanced Options”.
  • Then select “Startup Settings” and then” Restart”.
  • After your PC restarts, select a startup setting from the list of options by pressing the corresponding number on your keyboard.

The “Safe Mode” should ideally give you options to back up the data and then you can perform the clean install using the below link and check if that solves the problem.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04758961

Hope the above-mentioned steps will help you fix the issue, Please let know for more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation