Post new question
Message 1 of 2 (123 Views)

HP Pavilion Notebook

Product Name: HP Pavilion 15-n219sa DISPLAY

Hi everyone,

Can anyone help me in identifying the problem with my HP Pavilion Laptop. All of the sudden my HP Pavilion Laptop Display (model-15-n219sa) stopped working with black & white line on the display. I can project the display on the TV screen with the help of HDMI interface but nothing on the laptop display apart from black & white lines. Can anyone guess what will be the problem. I checked the display panel cable / connector found everything intact.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2 (95 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion Notebook

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

You said you checked the display panel cable connector -- but that is just the external video jack and all that does is confirm that the video chipset on your laptop still works OK -- since you can apparently see the desktop just fine on an external display.

This sounds like the LCD panel on your laptop has failed, so here are some troubleshooting steps you can try: HP Notebook PCs - Diagnosing a Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) for Damage | HP® Customer Support

Sorry, but this is just a community forum staffed by volunteers and we have no way of troubleshooting or repairing your PC from here. All we can do here is provide links to troubleshooting steps that HP has written, and links to HP drivers. If those links don't diagnose or fix the problem, or those drivers don't work, your only recourse is to take the PC into an HP Service Center and have them look at it.

Here is a link with information on HP Service Centers:

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation