Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (82 Views)

HP Pavilion dv7

Product Name: Pavilion dv 7
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
Laptop fell off of bed onto carpet. Video display had blue lines. When touching the monitor it corrected itself. However, later the display wouldn't show. The computer would turn and I could hear the startup sound. Attached to a external monitor and it worked. Then I updated the AMD Graphic Drive and restarted the computer. Won't show on the external monitor and no startup sound. Can hear the fan. Removed the RAM and powered up the computer and heard the mother board beep. What's wrong with my laptop.
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (58 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion dv7

[ Edited ]

Hi @Kaimeha26,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great site for information and questions. I read your post about the laptop dropping to the carpet from the bed and now has display issues. A commendable job was done, by hooking up the unit to an external display and removing the RAM modules and checking.I'll be glad to assist you. It is always a privilege to work with a tech savvy expert like you.

Because of the drop, it certainly looks like the notebook has developed a hardware issue. It needs to be serviced. You could check the warranty of your unit by visiting this link: http://hp.care/2cDtDH1

Then you can contact phone support to get the unit serviced by visiting this link: http://hp.com/contacthp

Thanks for being a part of the HP community. Please let me know if this helps, and if it does please mark this post as an “Accepted  Solution”. Kudos would also be appreciated for my efforts to help. You could simply click the “Thumbs Up” button.

Thanks and have a terrific week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation