Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (1,410 Views)

HP Pavilion x2 Detachable black screen

Product Name: HP Pavilion x2 Detachable
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I try to turn on the tablet the on botton shows like is on but the screen remains black at all atimes. It does looks like its charging when I plug the charger just fine. But it does not makes any sound or have shows any picture. Thanks in advance.  P.S It havent been dropped is 6 months old.

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 2 (1,392 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion x2 Detachable black screen

Hi there @bfeliciano86, 

Before I provide troubleshooting documentation, I would like to take a minute to welcome you to the HP Support Community, where you can ask questions, find solutions and get help from others!

I will do my absolute best to help you resolve the issue you are having with the black screen on your HP Pavilion x2 Notebook PC. 

Note: please make sure that the AC adapter cable is not plugged into a power strip, surge protector, or secondary power source. It should be directly into a wall outlet. Please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices, as these could cause some issues.

As silly as it sounds, did you happen to try removing dust from the cooling areas in a notebook?

Have you connected the Notebook to an external monitor or TV?

If you remove the notebook battery, plug the AC power cable back into the notebook, then turn it on, does it power the Notebook?

Do you have any beep codes or blinking LED lights

Have you done a BIOS reset?

Have you tried performing a hard reset?

Have you tried to see if you can test for hardware failures?

If the computer is on, do you hear the fan running? If so, but the display remains blank, please see Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank.

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to help! Please just re-post with the information required from above. Please let me know the detailed results of the troubleshooting steps provided. 

Could you please provide me with your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?) also. 

Please let me know the detailed answers/results of the troubleshooting provided above. If this reply resolves your issue, please share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button at the bottom of this post. 

To simply say thanks, please click the Thumbs up below! Smiley Happy

Thanks for joining the HP Support Community!

Have a great day! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation