Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion x360 - 11-k120nr won't go into tablet mode

HP Pavilion x360 - 11-k120nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I've had my HP Pavilion x360 - 11-k120nr for a few months and have had no issues with it but now all of the sudden it won't automatically go into tablet mode when I bend or rotate it. I've tried restarting and looked at the settings. I can't quite figure out the problem. 

5 REPLIES 5
Retired
Retired
2785 2657 144 330
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @ryin2009,

Thank you for posting at HP Forums! I have read your post and wanted to help.

You said the laptop does not go into the table mode. Do you mean that the screen does not auto-rotate when you move the laptop? Or is there something else that not functions as a tablet?

Looking forward to your reply!

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
ryin2009 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The screen does not auto-rotate and I have to manually put it into tablet mode instead of desktop mode.
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
2785 2657 144 330
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @ryin2009,

Please confirm if the auto-rotate is checked in the settings:

Go to Control Panel> Display>Change Display Settings and then make sure that the "Allow the screen to auto-rotate" is selected

Let me know if this helps.

If this, or any of the posts on this thread, has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on "Accept as Solution" on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful of my post, kindly click the thumbs up below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know! 

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
0 Kudos
ryin2009 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I don't see an option for me to allow auto-rotate.
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
2785 2657 144 330
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @ryin2009,

The Windows 10 running on your laptop, was it upgraded from Windows 8.1, or it came with the laptop? Was there a Windows Update before the the auto-rotate disappeared?

You may try the system restore to restore the laptop to the point when the auto-rotate was still working:

HP PCs - Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 10, 8)

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation