Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi

I broke my touchscreen (not the LCD) and I decided to replace it. I got on on ebay that was a fit but after instaling, the touchscreen works with a 'diagonal simetry', let's say it that way, with both the x and y-axis reversed.

For example, if I touch the top right part of the screen, the pointer will be on the down-left part.

And that will apply to every move (pointing, selection, etc...)

I tried unistalling and reinstaling the device (HID touchscreen) and callibrating but nothing works.

I read that there are 2 types of touchscreen, Type 1 and Type 2, but I couldn't find any visible information on that on the screens (both old and new), and also the touchscreen boads seem exactly the same.

There's a detail which I think won't influence, but... I didn't use the cable that came with the 'new' one, since I didn't want to open that part of the computer. I used the original cables for both the touch and the lcd connections.

Thank you for you help in advance!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@mpagas,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer. 

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.   

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.