Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion 15-bc401la
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Pavillion 15-bc401la screen appeared to be ruptured on top left corner after less than 30 days of normal use (no conditions that would be considered to be excluded by warranty), so I reported the case to HP support (Central America) and carried the laptop to the authorized technical support (see attached photo).

Their answer was that the equipment must be returned without repair. After going back and forth with HP support representatives in the region, they said that I should pick up the laptop within 30 days, or else they would consider it abandoned and proceed to destroy it, and the sheet they gave me with the laptop said that the warranty was invalidated. Now I have a new laptop that I cannot use with a warranty that was invalidated (with no misshandling at any moment by the user).

Questions to the community:

1. Is this normal? I have used may laptops at work and for personal use in the last 15 years, and this is the first time I have seen something like this.

2. Does that mean that automatically all of the components in the laptop have lost warranty?

3. What can I do now to have a functional equipment again?

4. If a local technician replaced the display, how could I be certain that it would not be damaged again by normal use? The only thing that I have done in the few days I used the product was to open and close the laptop to carry it to another place, how am I to know that opening and closing it will not break the display again?

Thank you for your help.

HP 15-bc401la screen rupturedHP 15-bc401la screen ruptured

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@PavlonQuestion

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.