Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-cx0056wm

I have owned my laptop for about 10 months and last night I went to open it just like any other day and heard a crack.  I opened it very carefully and as I did the entire plastic housing around the lid/screen and hinge came apart and several small pieces of plastic  and metal rivet looking things fell out. This is clearly a defect that you would think would be covered by the manufacturers warranty. But not according to HP Customer Support. When I spoke to them this afternoon and explained what had happened and emailed the agent photos of the laptop to show how it fell apart. She put me on hold for a minute and then came back on the line and said that this is not something that is covered by the warranty and would cost $400 for them to fix it, but she could give me a 20% discount. I thought I bought a decent quality PC after seeing such positive reviews for it before I bought it last year, and I really loved it before it fell apart. At this point I'm very disappointed that it is going to cost half what I paid for it to get it fixed. For now I will just have to use it all taped together and unable to close the lid. I guess it could be worse.  

I just don't understand how something like this that really seems to be a defect in the laptop design isn't covered by the warranty. I know from searching this site that I am not alone with this same problem. Isn't there anything that HP can do to repair this under the warranty?

thumbnail.jpg20191028_135609.jpg20191028_135619.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@kthunter

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

@kthunter

We have not heard back from you.  If you would like have your concerns regarding the hinge issues reviewed please let us know.

Cheers

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.