Tutor
12 10 0 0
Message 1 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavillion x360 Touchscreen Problems

HP Pavillion x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Touchscreen now not responsive... does not appear to have driver, device installed (so nothing to update/disable)

Have restored (completely) to no avail.

Have tried a number of things in this forum... still not working.

My guess is a Windows 10 update wiped it out.

Help!

12 REPLIES 12
Retired
Retired
16542 16275 953 2193
Message 2 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @whirl,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I read your post and wanted to reach out to help you! In your post, you had said that currently your HP Pavilion x360 Notebook and the Touchscreen is not working correctly. Here is some help with this.

You might want to try to restore the BIOS to factory defaults help with this. Here is a document that will help you do that. It will prompt the Notebook to look for the Hardware attached to it.

Please let me know how this goes.

If this post helps you to resolve the issue you can click the Thumbs up icon to show gratitude!

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
whirl Tutor
Tutor
12 10 0 0
Message 3 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There is no Touch Screen option under UEFI Component Tests - seems to have disappeared??!?!

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
16542 16275 953 2193
Message 4 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @whirl,

Ok, Have you tried to Restore the BIOS to factory defaults settings?

Is this the original LCD screen?

Let me know.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
whirl Tutor
Tutor
12 10 0 0
Message 5 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Updated BIOS

Will try factory default

0 Kudos
whirl Tutor
Tutor
12 10 0 0
Message 6 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Current BIOS F.18

Version after rollback F.18

No option for Factory Default-- what/where is is?

0 Kudos
whirl Tutor
Tutor
12 10 0 0
Message 7 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Installed BIOS F.15 (only one listed under Previous), but not luck

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
16542 16275 953 2193
Message 8 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @whirl,

Here is a document that will show you how to restore the BIOS to factory defaults. 

Please let me know how it goes.

Click the Thumbs up to give me a Kudos high five, just to say thanks for trying.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
whirl Tutor
Tutor
12 10 0 0
Message 9 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That is an ariticle of how to change BIOS settings, not how to restore to factory default.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
16542 16275 953 2193
Message 10 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @whirl,

Check the listing in the document that shows what options can I change in the BIOS.

System Configuration - The System Configuration menu allows you to alter the BIOS settings on the computer, including language options and boot order. If you change the settings in the BIOS, and the computer no longer responds properly, select the Reset to Default option to return the BIOS to the factory configuration.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation