Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
TomK99999 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP ProDisplay displayport interface not working with displayport to HDMI cable.

HP ProDisplay P232
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Displayport to HDMI cable connected to my macbook 15" retina does not work.

I have tried 2 different cables (from 2 different manufacturers) on 2 different HP ProDisplay P232 monitors.  The HP ProDisplay monitor cannot recognize any video source on the displayport connector.

I verified on both monitors that the displayport interface works with a displayport to thunderbolt (mini displayport) on my macbook.  I also verified that the VGA interface works fine with VGA to thunderbolt cable to my macbook.

I have been unable to find anything on the Apple support forums about an issue with HDMI to displayport.

is this a mac issue or HP ProDisplay P232 issue?

Does the displayport to HDMI cable have to be displayport 1.2 only?

1 REPLY
ADSewell Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP ProDisplay displayport interface not working with displayport to HDMI cable.

Hi, did you ever sort this problem out?  I have just bought a new Envy 13.3" laptop and the ProDisplay P232 monitor.  I bought a displayport 1.2 adaptor to connect the monitor to the HDMI socket on the laptop, but the monitor detects no signal and just goes to sleep.  Any ideas anyone, including HP?!  Thanks

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation