Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible Laptop PC 14-ea0000 (1Q878AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I recently got my HP Spectre x360 14. I got a pen with it in the box. It seems to be the MPP 2.0 Rechargeable one. I can't find this product or any tutorials on how to connect it to my laptop. I can't even tell if the pen is on or not. According to the documentation, it is fully charged but there are no other instructions on how to turn it on or how to pair it to my laptop. The fixes online are mainly for other pens but I can't find anything for this one specifically as it doesn't have an eraser button on top as well. Does anyone have any solutions?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@gooner1203

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, 

*Charge the pen using either your computer AC adapter or other USB Type-C® charging cable or adapter (sold separately). The pen needs to be fully charged before the first use.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

That's fine and that's written in the documentation but that's all there is. According to that the pen is fully charged but there's no way to turn it or make sure it's connected to my laptop.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue, kind of!

I have an Envy x360 convertible 15z-ee100 (2E2K7AV) w/the HP Rechargeable MPP 2.0 Tilt pen also.

The problem we're having is the HP Pen Control software won't work. We're getting an error message:

"Sorry, HP Pen Control is not compatible with this computer."

I uninstalled the software, Uninstalled the touch screen/reinstalled, uninstalled the pen/reinstalled but we can't get the HP Pen Control software to work.

Now what can we do?

HP Recommended

@gooner1203 @bfordzs

Thank you for posting back.

I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action. Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Echo_Lake,

I don't have any private messages!

bfordzs

HP Recommended

I'm having the same exact problem! My pen battery is fully-charged (white indicator LED), but when I try to use it on my HP Spectre 360x, nothing... And there is nearly zero info about this pen online, other than in deep sub-Reddits, as everything is about the original Tilt pen, not 2.0. Did you ever hear back from HP or find a solution elsewhere on how to get your laptop to register the pen? Thanks in advance! I've got a ticket entered through HP, but based on other reviews I've read, I'm not confident I'll hear back anytime soon. 😞

HP Recommended

Hi! I have the same issue as you do. Has someone already discovered a solution to this? Please provide your response. Thank you!

HP Recommended

I have the same issue and my pen is now working!

So apparently, my pen is defective. I messaged HP Support through WhatsApp about the issue and we ran several tests; none of them worked. A live agent then asked me to personally go to an HP Store to get my pen replaced. They collected my stylus and after 2 days, I already got my pen replaced!

I advise you to bring your stylus together with your laptop, charger, receipt, manual, etc. when visiting an HP Store so you could judge/test it yourself. Hope this helps! 

PS. I bought my HP Spectre x360 14 in U.A.E., got my pen replaced in the Philppines. Case may vary. They may or may not replace the pen. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.