Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP SPECTRE x360 15-EB0017NL
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I’m an owner of the newest HP SPECTRE EB0017NL.

I’ve tried to connect an external portable monitor though the two available USB-C interfaces.

In Screen Settings the presence of the second monitor was recognized but no signal was present at the output.

I’ve also tried to connect the SAMSUNG TV through an USB-C to HDMI adapter and also in this case no video is displayed.

Connection through the embedded HDMI interface is fine.

The USB-C ports work fine with external drives and phone network connection but not with external monitors, although in the specs Displayport 1.4 is enabled.

Please, can someone say the reason why no video is generated from this last version of HP laptop by USB-C ports?

The USB-C cable and monitor are ok because I’ve tried to connect in the same conditions an older DELL 9750 Laptop and video was displayed as expected.

Thank You

Mauro

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Dear Mauro71,

as you wrote today in my post, you already fixed the problem according to the instructions reported in the following post I just want to report to allow all other users to solve the issue:

"External monitor not working with thunderbolt connector" 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Dear Mauro71,

as you wrote today in my post, you already fixed the problem according to the instructions reported in the following post I just want to report to allow all other users to solve the issue:

"External monitor not working with thunderbolt connector" 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.