Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought an HP Spectra. Literally about an hour ago. Previously I had a Microsoft Surface Book II, but was having issue after issue, and the clerk at Best Buy recommended the Spectre for my needs. I got to school full-time and work exclusively from my computer. I attend a LOT of zoom and WebEx meetings.

Excited about the 4K screen, and slightly better graphics card than the Surface Book II, imagine my disappointment when I discovered the webcam had slightly less quality that my fathers construction grade Samsung flip phone!😧 GOOD GRIEF!

Who designed this? I even tapped on what appears to be an HDR setting. It did nothing. This is like trying to look at an old tube TV when it starts to snow over. Is this the best HP could do after all the other featured they packed into the Spectre? 😕 I was reading some old posts from 2018 about the same issue. It appears that HP did not deem it necessary to give this pretty awesome little laptop an even slightly decent webcam, even it today's almost exclusivity online society.

Wake Up HP! If your not going to beef up the internal camera, at least include a free external webcam with some substance. #HighlyDisappointed 👎

UPDATE:

So to sweeten the pot, I though I would see how bad the video setting were, so.. I tried to record a short video. WHAT IS WITH THE DELAY? There a good 1-2 second delay from what I'm saying, and what the webcam is showing! Is this normal?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@BrandyKennedy

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need the product number of your computer.

Follow the steps in the below article to find the product details.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Look forward to hearing from you and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, the product number is: 9GB30UA#ABA

HP Recommended

@BrandyKennedy

Thank you for posting back. 

Not to worry lets try the steps from this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03430151 HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 😎

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I followed all steps. I was able to correct a video issue by resetting the camera, but the quality of the camera is still unacceptable. 😞 

HP Recommended

@BrandyKennedy

Thank you for posting back. 

Glad to hear that the video issue is resolved.

Let's try this:

1. Open Device Manager
  2. Expand Cameras
  3. Right-click the webcam entry
  4. Run Update Driver and choose automatically

Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01414839 to know more about HP Notebook PCs - Testing a Webcam Using YouCam (Windows 10, 8, 7)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.