Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Spectre 13 x360 Convertible PC - Cannot Use Stylus With this Computer

HP Spectre x360 - 13-4107nf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Attempting to use a stylus HP active pen with my computer bought in May 2016.  
My computer is a Full High Definition (FHD) displays (resolution is 1920x1080):
The bluetooth connection work perfectly but it's impossible to right on the screen.
There is no response to the stylus.
I thought this occurs because the touch controller firmware needs to be updated.
Unfortunatly I'm not able to find  the appropriate firmware.
Could you please Help 

Best regards 
Patrick  

2 REPLIES 2
SierraAT15 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same issue here.

I have the 13-4116dx with QHD (2560x1440) that I just purchased June 9, 2016 and have this same issue. 

I definitely believe it's missing the firmware as was the issue for the 15t, however, there's no update for mine either. I chatted with support and in their attempt to solve it, they completely messed up my system and I'm now forced to do a full recovery.

One of the selling points of this device was the Pen support. Can someone please help us?

0 Kudos
caldba01 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I purchased the the HP Spectre X360 after extensive shopping and chose this model specifically because of the active pen support. Out of the box, everything worked fine (including touch-screen, etc).

When I received my HP Active Pen stylus, it was unresponsive on on the computer. I scoured the internet for solutions and found several HP forum posts with similar issues that were recommending that we update the firmware. Well, for my specific model of the Spectre, the 13-4103dx, there is no firmware available. I tried to download and install the firmware for a couple other similar models( which I should note all failed to update, even after unzipping the .exe as others have done), updated the bios, etc, and through this process the touchscreen stopped working altogether. Now I don't have a touchscreen, and the system does not even acknowledge that one is available via the HP startup diagnostic tools.

What the heck? HP, we need a solution to this problem with our computers. I bought this because I wanted the Active Pen support, and through trying to update the firmware and bios per your recommendations, now I don't have a touch screen OR active pen support...

Please help us with this issue.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation