02-26-2020 09:13 AM
The touch pad stopped working with no signs. After checking confiuration, and driver, all seems ok. Could it be some incompatibility of any latest sw upgrades? Any problem with the bios? What can be recommended? Thanks
02-28-2020 02:54 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
- Have you made any hardware/software changes?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
Firstly, perform Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8.
Next step, BIOS default:
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer. Once it's done uninstall the Touchpad device,
Next, uninstall Touchpad device from device manager.
- Press Windows+X to open the menu, and choose Device Manager on it.
- In the device manager, expand category "Mice and other pointing devices".
- Under this category, right-click on your Synaptics Touchpad driver and click on Uninstall.
- You may be required to confirm the uninstallation. Check the box next to "Delete the driver software for this device" and click OK button.
- Restart your PC for the change to take effect. After restarting. Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.
- Do not perform any manual upgrades to the driver until it does automatically
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee