Abbeyttt Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Spectre Cracked screen

HP Spectre

My screen on my HTC has suddenly cracked over night and not just a little crack a massive crack in the middle of the screen without me having ever dropped it and I have always been careful with my laptop. I am pretty annoyed and angry to say the least as I payed a lot for this laptop. Also no other laptop repairs will fix it for me as it is too delicate and the touch screen is an issue. Clealry there is a problem with this laptop as there is so many other complaints about random laptop cracks from other spectre owners on this forum. What do you expect I do to fix this and shouldn't we get some sort of compensation???

2 REPLIES 2
Retired
Retired
8121 482 914
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Abbeyttt,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
jeffbellin Tutor
Tutor
5 0 3
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Reports like yours, and the many others like it, about the screen on this model cracking and HP not supporting it, have helped convinced me to return the model I just ordered (the spectre x360 13T top configuration) without even opening the box next week!  I used to buy HP's regularly and their quality control and customer support fell off a cliff around 2012-13, when the company split in two.  I had heard the newly independent hardware company had gotten its act together, but it sounds like the support is as bad or worse than ever.

Thank you for doing a great service to other owners and prospective owners by posting your experience.  You have saved us a lot of grief.  I will say that the only way one should consider buying a high end HP product is with an ADH wtty, but I fear they will be as bad honoring that wtty as they are in honoring the overall product wtty.

Best of luck getting this resolved.  HP: we will be watching how you handle these issues and you will lose a great deal of business to Dell and Lenovo if you don't show you have the integrity to stand behind your products!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation