PaulDee
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Spectre - Screen Burn and Faulty USB-C ports

HP Recommended
Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This seems to be a common issue but support wanted me to stay on a chat call until the issue showed up so I could photograph it! it's not coming out very well on photos but is present, does anyone have any tips for getting it to photograph properly?

The Issues:

Whenever I exit Chrome or AutoCAD, or anything that has a big static toolbar really, it looks like a ghost image of the previous programme. I've put up with this for about 12 months now but with 1 day left on my warranty (according to the HP Website, but I do have the 3 year collect and return package which isn't showing up) I've decided I'm not happy with this on a £1,000.00 laptop and it needs correcting; especially as many others have had the issue as well.

The USB-C port is also faulty, and I use this predominantly for a second monitor so it causes me a lot of issues and broken workflow. Whenever I so much as touch the cable it disconnects, this is especially annoying as the cable exits on the same side and area where I use my mouse! I have tested the monitor and cable on other computers, no problem. It happens with everything I plug into the Spectre's USB-C port, my mouse, storage, a usb-hub, etc.

What are my options for resolving this, having seen I have the 3 year pick up and return service on my order form I can't believe I've put up with these issues for so long (ordered 01/05/2018).

Worryingly I got through a 30 minute + support chat tonight to be told they were USA\Canada and not UK support, the website says I only have 1 day left on my warranty! Hopefully someone at HP sees this, or the chat transcript makes its way to the UK Support team before the warranty expires.

1 REPLY 1
KrazyToad
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,588 21,575 1,308 1,333
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@PaulDee

Welcome to HP Support Community

I understand your concerns and frustrations

I will escalate your case to HP's regional escalation team and a case manager will get back to you

Please check your Inbox

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation